- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Design & UI
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
About our team
The design team at Plaid is made up of brand designers, product designers, systems designers, writers, program managers, and researchers who work hand in hand with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to create Plaid’s market defining products.
What you’ll do here
You’ll be joining Threads, our brand and design system team, while working closely with brand designers, product designers, and marketers to help us create more delightful, elegant, and compelling animations. Your work will help to elevate our brand through videos and animations that explain what we do, what our products are, and why they matter—which in turn, will help millions of people have a better understanding of their own financial data.
What excites you
- Making the world of finance and tech more accessible and inclusive through better design and visual storytelling
- Coming up with creative and unexpected ways to make complicated ideas easier to understand
- Getting to the heart of what we’re trying to communicate and the emotions we’re trying to evoke
- Leveling up our brand by bringing world-class motion graphics to various surface areas, from marketing to product experiences
- Bringing character illustrations and infographics to life through animation
- Making our products easier to understand through UI animations and demos
- Working with our brand and design system teams to build on our foundations and develop a comprehensive motion system, from principles to reusable components
- Building relationships with brand, product, and growth marketing to come up with elegant and effective campaign solutions
- Providing feedback and mentorship to designers who are looking to improve their motion graphics skills
What excites us
- Being a team player—this role will require close collaboration with fellow designers and cross-functional partners
- Humility and having a growth mindset—we believe in big ambitions but not big egos, and that feedback is a critical part of good design
- Ability to think strategically and with user empathy—we ground our solutions in what’s best for our users
- Experience developing creative strategy from end to end—you should be able to demonstrate your ability to develop a clear rationale for a project, come up with divergent concepts, storyboard, and ultimately execute high-quality work
- Creative storytelling—Plaid works on products that are sometimes fairly abstract or even new to the fintech space, and we need to think outside the box to make their benefits clear
- Systems thinking—you understand when to push the boundaries and when to keep things consistent
- Strong organization and operations skills—you should have the ability to run your own process
- At least 6 years of experience working in an in-house or agency environment
- Fluency in Adobe AfterEffects, Cinema4D, and other animation and video software
- Comfort with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools (Principle, Framer, Figma, etc.) is a plus
- Interest in other aspects of brand design (graphic design, illustration, web design, copywriting, etc.) is a plus
- Please note: we are only open to candidates in SF or NYC
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.