- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
About our team
The design team at Plaid is made up of service designers, interaction designers, writers, visual designers and researchers who collaborate with our peers in marketing, product management and engineering to create Plaid’s market defining products.
What you’ll do here
As an experienced product designer on the Financial Access team at Plaid, you’ll spend your time working closely with users and financial institutions to conduct user research and translate user needs into a product that sits at the intersection of FIs and consumers. You will help understand design experiences for FIs to support Open Finance in an ecosystem that involves multiple stakeholders(namely FIs, consumers and customers). In addition to instilling delight with our consumer journeys, you will advocate and agonize over experiences that provide financial institutions with a seamless experience to gain insights on user and customer data.
What excites you
- A product-minded culture with an ability to rapidly move from planning and executing user research to prototyping and testing ux recommendations
- A passion for the financial industry and improving consumers’ access to financial data
- Defining and developing the industry standard for financial institutions to effectively provide user data access
- Working closely with engineers and product managers to establish both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics on how our international products can evolve
- Contributing to our design culture through collaboration, presenting work, and sharing feedback
- Working with design systems to bring uniformity across all our products and platforms
What excites us
- 5 or more years of experience creating and shipping software
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating systems thinking, product design capabilities and experience conducting user research (co-designing, diary studies, etc.), defining customer journeys to test with users and drawing insights
- Research skills and experience designing conversion flows for enterprise user
- An avid story-teller and data advocate, accomplished in effectively communicating their process and design decisions backed by evidence
- An appetite for interdisciplinary collaboration and experience working on fast-paced industry defining product teams
- Proficiency with design standard tools for prototyping and visualizing your ideas
- Experience in the Financial Technology industry or data access related products is a plus
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.