- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a senior backend engineer with experience building highly available and reliable web applications to join the Bank Transfers team. Our team is responsible for Plaid’s bank transfer APIs and our mission is to reimagine how millions of consumers and fintechs move money in a convenient and secure way.
You will help guide the architectural foundation for new products and explosive growth. You will have the opportunity to reimagine bank transfer infrastructure in the US and reshape how millions of consumers and fintechs interact with money. Aside from the foundational work, you’ll work with product managers and designers to ship new products and delight our customers. Last but not least, you will increase your leverage through mentorship opportunities.
What excites you
- Building products with impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions.
- Understanding the infrastructure in the US today where money moves - and reimagining the experience completely.
- Shaping the technical foundation for future new products, sustained growth, and high availability standards.
- Surrounding yourself with peers that embody our principles.
What excites us
- 4-7 // 7+ years of experience working on high visibility products.
- Experience building high-quality, developer-centric API products.
- Strong technical leadership that inspires continuous improvement in system reliability.
- Experience working with GoLang, Python, MySQL, MongoDB, and AWS Kinesis.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.