- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s Finance team plays a critical role in intelligently managing our risks and implementing the proper long-term business strategy. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for GL functions including month end close activities, policy documentation, and managing the accounts payable process. The person in this role will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of operational accounting processes. The ideal candidate for this role will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners to keep the business ahead of emerging accounting issues.
What excites you...
- Perform month end close activities including accruals, intercompany travel expenses and reconciliation of the travel system and corporate card statement
- Prepare account reconciliations and supporting schedules for journal entries
- Prepare monthly and quarterly flux analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Review GL coding of AP invoices, process weekly payment runs in accordance with vendor terms, and proactively seek opportunities to improve AP process
- Manage the corporate credit card program
- Identify and implement improvements to accounting processes, systems, and controls
- Provide support for financial statement audits and tax filings
- Perform other ad hoc projects as assigned
- What excites us...
- 2+ years of experience, public accounting a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Knowledge and experience with accounts payable, accrual, and prepaids
- Self-starter with outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Efficiency in problem-solving and responding to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management and ability to execute to tight deadlines
- Experience working in a high-growth environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with NetSuite and procure to pay systems such as Coupa is preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.