- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Financial Services
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
We are looking for a hands-on Tax Manager as a second hire in Plaid’s tax department partnering closely with the Accounting, Legal, Business and People teams to ensure that processes and roles are aligned to support the company’s rapid growth.
What excites us:
- 6+ years of combined experience in both public accounting and corporate tax department. Experience in a late-stage private or public company a plus
- Solid knowledge of general accounting and tax accounting principles
- Demonstrated extensive federal and state corporate income tax knowledge
- Detailed oriented and strong analytical skills
- Strong project management, written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MST/CPA preferred
What excites you:
- This is a ground floor opportunity to join a small, fast- growing tax team and to have a lasting impact on Plaid tax processes, systems and culture
- Manage operations relating to Company’s quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations, and consolidated federal, state and local income tax returns prepared by outside advisors
- Oversee, prepare, or serve as point of contact for and manage external tax advisors on indirect tax compliance, including US sales & use, gross receipts, property tax, VAT and business licenses to ensure timely accurate reporting and remittance.
- Build a deep understanding of the business, including regular interactions with key partners (Legal, People, etc.), to assist with researching potential tax implications and engaging as necessary with third party service providers
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.