- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s Tech Ops team is responsible for keeping all non-production infrastructure and services available and running smoothly. This includes services like G-Suite, Okta, Slack, infrastructure in AWS that supports development (on-premise Atlassian Suite, Github Enterprise, etc.), and the physical infrastructure we have collocated in our offices. The ultimate goal of the Tech Ops team is to take care of its customers -- Plaid employees!
Plaid is hiring a Tech Ops Engineer that will be hands-on working with team members to do everything from troubleshooting a potential G-Suite issue to debugging provisioning issues with Apple laptops, all while helping to keep our office networks and other corporate infrastructure running smoothly. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working on all the things that companies rely on to get work done when in the office or working remotely.
What excites you
- Supporting and deploying corporate infrastructure to enable a fast moving company
- Digging into a buggy switch or firewall that is slowing its employees down
- Although not a majority of the day-to-day, helping people on an individual basis when needed
- Following and improving upon onboarding and offboarding processes and procedures
- Finding the greatest technology to make you, your team, your company optimized
What excites us
- 4-5 years experience in TechOps/IT for a technology-focused company of a similar size (~1,000+)
- Advanced/expert at supporting a mostly MacOS corporate environment
- Desire to help Plaid employees be efficient, troubleshooting any obstacles that come up no matter how big or small
- A security focused individual that is always thinking a few steps ahead
- Ability to think practically and re-prioritize tasks as needed to make the biggest impact
- Previous experience managing corporate infrastructure in AWS
- JamfPRO or other configuration management experience
- SAML/SSO experience
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.