- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
We analyze complex and novel legal issues for Plaid to enable innovation.
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
The Policy, Risk and Legal (“PRL”) team at Plaid works at the intersection of technology and financial services on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day and work collaboratively across Plaid’s product, business, operations, risk and policy teams, as well as with our customers and partners.
The PRL team is looking for an International Commercial Counsel to focus on our go-to-market deals in Europe. In this position, you will partner with the International Team to assist on a variety of legal matters, including related to data licensing, data security, privacy, and open-source software. We’re looking for a collaborative team member with strong problem-solving skills who can manage multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
What excites you:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements of all types, including complex data licensing agreements and innovative partnership deals
- Coordinating and collaborating across Plaid’s compliance, product, engineering, and business teams on a wide range of regulatory, privacy, consumer protection, intellectual property, and other legal issues that shape our business and the entire fintech ecosystem
- Designing, developing, and improving legal processes to support and protect the business as we scale
What excites us:
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales, with at least 4 years of relevant post qualification experience at a top international law firm, or in-house legal department, preferably with experience in the financial services sector and/or at a fast-growing startup
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of commercial deals such as cloud software sales, reseller agreements, and distribution partnerships
- Experience with privacy, data security, and intellectual property law is a plus
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good sense of humor
- Excitement for Plaid’s mission and fintech
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.