- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Policy, Risk and Legal (“PRL”) team at Plaid works at the intersection of technology and financial services on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day and work collaboratively across Plaid’s product, business, operations, risk and policy teams, as well as with our customers and partners.
The PRL team is looking for a Senior International and UK Lead Counsel to advise and provide strategic direction to our product team, business team, and other key stakeholders on a range of issues, including regulatory, marketing, commercial, corporate, data security, and privacy. We’re looking for a collaborative team member with strong problem-solving skills who can manage multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
What excites you:
- Counseling the product team, business team, and other key stakeholders on legal and strategic matters, including related to regulatory compliance, as well as on relevant regulations and directives, including related to marketing, data security, and privacy
- Coordinating and collaborating across Plaid’s compliance, product, engineering, and business teams relating to product development
- Working closely with and advising the board members for Plaid Financial Ltd. and Plaid, B.V.
- Designing, developing, and improving legal processes to support and protect the business as we scale
- Anticipating and identifying risks, and proposing creative and effective solutions to address those risks
What excites us:
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales, with at least 10 years of relevant post qualification experience at a regulated payment institution, top international law firm, or in-house legal department, preferably with experience in the financial services sector and/or at a fast-growing startup
- Strong understanding of the laws and regulations impacting authorised payment institutions, including, but not limited to, PSD2, PSRs, GDPR, UK GDPR, anti-money laundering, countering terrorist financing, know your client/business, anti-bribery and corruption, and cybersecurity
- Experience dealing with regulators such as the Financial Conduct Authority, Prudential Regulation Authority, Information Commissioner’s Office, and other key European regulators
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project-management skills, with attention to detail
- Good sense of humor
- Excitement for Plaid’s mission and fintech
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.