- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Product Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We are looking for the right product leader who can build new product areas and level-up our impact and pace of innovation. If you’re excited by terms like ACH, RTP, and the rest of the payments world, this could be the role for you. You will be responsible for building the next generation of Plaid products that make payments better.
You will work closely with customers to better understand what they need. You will set the product direction, you will work with engineering, design, and partnerships to build it, and you will partner with sales to bring it to market.
You will define specifications, lead sprint planning, manage roadmaps, and prioritize development capacity. You will ensure sound strategic direction and effective detailed plans are in place from architecture to operations to go-to-market.
The ideal candidate has an interest in payments, and has demonstrated the ability to ship products, efficiently and effectively.
Product Managers at Plaid own the end-to-end problem that they are trying to solve with their team. At Plaid, Product Management is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, legal, risk, analytics and customer-facing teams.
What excites you:
- Utilize customer conversations to understand areas of market opportunity
- Develop product concepts and collaborate with customers to iterate quickly on product design
- Drive roadmaps, project plans, and clear product specifications that consistently deliver quality products
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases. Ensure high return on development capacity
- Act as product area evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Ensure successful product launches by working cross-functionally with business development, marketing, operations, legal, risk, and engineering; build scalable processes to ensure your team consistently delivers quality
What excites us:
- Experience in product management, with demonstrated experience in successfully building and shipping products
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with excellent organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset or startup experience
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.