- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Financial Services
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to connect with the financial system; supporting millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. Our goal is to give people more control over their finances and unlock financial freedom for everyone.
Link Platform is the nexus where Plaid products for developers, financial institutions and consumers all converge. This platform powers the flagship product Link as well as new products that enable consumers to connect their financial data to fintech applications like Deposit Switch. It is also the gateway for developers -- they embed the Link SDK into their apps to start their Plaid integration.
We are looking for an experienced product manager (the team’s first!) to create a long term vision and strategy, as well as improve product processes for the team.
You will have a unique vantage point of the entire Plaid ecosystem and will use that to help build a platform that serves needs across all 3 constituencies -- developers, financial institutions and end consumers. You will set the product direction, driving new capabilities into the platform and delivering world class scalability. You will define specifications, lead sprint planning, manage roadmaps, and prioritize development capacity.
What excites us…
- A deep understanding of platforms, and how to create building blocks for developers.
- Strong empathy for customers -- both businesses and end-users.
- Experience building products with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, data scientists and user researchers, and taking those products to market in collaboration with a go-to-market team.
- An ability to bring clarity and simplicity to ambiguous situations involving complex tradeoffs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to define and translate a vision into detailed and actionable plans
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- What excites you...
- Building platform products that enable people to build great products easier.
- Create and manage product strategy, drive roadmaps, project plans, and clear product specifications that consistently deliver quality products.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, legal, risk, finance, and operations to assess cross-partner value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of product features.
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through various launch phases and follow-on releases. Ensure high return on development capacity
- Act as product area evangelist to build awareness within the organization
- Build scalable processes to ensure your team consistently delivers quality
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to assess market trends and customer demand to drive the ideation and development of new capabilities
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.