- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
- Product Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to partner with Plaid’s Development Foundations group. The Development Foundations group comprises the set of teams collectively responsible for Plaid’s fundamental infrastructure, used by all engineering teams at the company.
We maintain the systems and tools that power the development lifecycle end-to-end, from local iteration on an engineer’s laptop to deployment and monitoring in production.
We advise other engineering teams on how to use these tools effectively and drive best practices for the entire organization. We’re constantly thinking about how software development at Plaid can be easier, faster, and more reliable and turning those ideas into reality for our teammates.
In this role, you’ll advance the team mission by helping us make sense of engineering velocity and maturity with clear data and metrics, building tight feedback loops with other engineering teams, and driving major projects that improve the overall experience of engineering at Plaid.
You’ll collaborate closely with senior engineers, engineering managers, and peer TPMs to treat Plaid’s developers as customers and provide them with a polished experience.
What excites you
- Empowering other engineers through high-quality shared abstractions, tooling, process design, and automation
- Helping engineers move faster by analyzing their iteration loops down to the minute and identifying the biggest bottlenecks
- Driving up technical maturity and reliability across organizations by building frameworks and metrics that make the right investments obvious
- Socializing recommended tools and best practices and educating engineers on how to use themActing as the glue between multiple groups to build shared strategic understanding and ensure organizational alignment for initiatives.
- Managing multi-quarter roadmaps that span across multiple engineering teams.
- Managing complex projects effectively by setting clear goals, identifying roadblocks, designing solutions, and tracking progress against deadlines.
- Working with a broad set of internal stakeholders to create systems and processes that help everyone move faster while maintaining our culture of high engineer autonomy and ownership.
What excites us
- A visceral understanding of the day-to-day experience as an engineer and what needs to just work
- Deep familiarity with CI/CD systems, GRPC or other service-to-service communication protocols, and at least one language (Python, Typescript, or Go)
- A passion for quality and insight into the habits, behaviors, and principles that uphold it in a healthy development process
- Experience leading execution across highly ambiguous infrastructure programs, with experience making technical tradeoffs balancing business needs and technical constraints.
- Willingness to dig into details to understand the needs of our internal developers and translate those into requirements for our internal systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for the success of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to drive alignment and long-term healthy relationships across team bounds.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.