- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
- Product Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to partner with Plaid’s Internal Platform Engineering organization. Platform Engineering is responsible for shared infrastructure specific to the Plaid product—the core data model and the APIs product engineering teams use to work with it, the front-end framework powering user onboarding for all of Plaid’s thousands of customers, etc.—and for more general tools and systems supporting engineers’ day-to-day work, like our CI/CD pipelines and local development environment.
In this role, you’ll help scale the organization by improving our engineering practices, building alignment with the many teams that use our platform, and taking ownership of cross-functional initiatives that are critical to the success of our Platform strategy. You’ll collaborate closely with the Head of Platform, Group Engineering Managers, EMs, staff engineers, other TPMs across Plaid, and the many Product Managers driving external initiatives that Platform supports.
What excites you
- Making the large internal API surface that’s exposed to product engineering teams more comprehensive and cohesive
- Playing a crucial role in shaping the foundations and future of a rapidly growing Platform Engineering organization
- Acting as the glue between multiple groups, functions, and vendors to build shared strategic understanding and ensure organizational alignment for Platform initiatives
- Exploring ways to improve existing processes through automation, simplification, and program delivery
- Managing multiple senior stakeholders and priorities simultaneously, and making the tough calls when needed
- Turning incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into clear and straightforward action plans
- Working with a broad set of internal stakeholders to create systems and processes that help everyone move faster while maintaining our culture of high engineer autonomy and ownership
What excites us
- 7+ years experience in software technical program management, software engineering, or systems engineering
- Experience leading execution across highly ambiguous, complex products and infrastructure programs, with experience making technical and product tradeoffs that balance business needs with technical constraints
- Experience making platform teams move faster and focus on what matters at during growth-stage startups.
- Willingness to dig into technical details to understand our systems’ capabilities and roadmaps, and proactively identify risks and dependencies
- Demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for the success of workExcellent attention to detail and process discipline
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.