- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Product Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented and versatile Technical Program Manager to partner with our full-stack new product teams to build zero-to-one products. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the successful definition, planning, and execution of large-scale technical programs, processes, and tools that help to solve complex problems and enable our products and infrastructure. You’ll be tasked with balancing high-velocity new product development with long-term architecture requirements related to quality, reliability, compliance, and correctness.
As your first program, you’ll work with our Credit group to enable broader, more inclusive, and affordable access to credit for individuals. You’ll closely collaborate with peers in Program Management and partners in Engineering, Product, Support, Risk, and Legal to win new product opportunities, ensure operational compliance, and drive complex technical solutions through completion. As one of our early Technical Program Managers, you’ll be called upon to roll up your sleeves, handle multiple competing priorities, quickly tease through complexity, and deploy the right operational tactics to solve the problem at hand.
What excites you
- Building high-risk, high-reward products and infrastructure in the context of complicated legal and regulatory frameworks: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and the world’s largest financial institutions.
- Acting as the glue between multiple groups, functions, and vendors to build shared strategic understanding and ensure organizational alignment for new product initiatives.
- Building internal processes and managing programs that make a tangible and measurable impact on customers.
- Exploring ways to improve existing processes through automation, simplification, and program delivery.
- Managing multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously, and making the tough calls when needed.
- Turning incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans.
What excites us
- 5-10 years of experience as a Technical Program Manager or Technical Product Manager managing software programs from inception to production.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building products and infrastructure in the context of complicated legal and regulatory frameworks
- Ability to manage complex projects effectively by setting clear goals, identifying roadblocks, designing solutions, and tracking progress against deadlines.
- Strong communication skills & attention to detail with the ability to interact with various stakeholders and vendors.
- Demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for the success of programsExcellent attention to detail and process discipline.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.