- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Product Management
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Communications team at Plaid is looking for a hands-on senior public relations professional to support our privacy communications initiatives. This is a key role that will shape the messaging, plans and stories to grow awareness of Plaid’s role as an advocate for consumer data rights and standards-bearer for privacy controls in digital finance. The ideal candidate is passionate about the ability for technology to build a more equitable financial system, and the potential for Plaid to drive the next phase of digital financial services globally. The ideal candidate understands how to manage successful relationships with the press, advocacy groups and industry influencers, and has experience in crisis communications and reputation management. You have previously managed people or agency teams, yet are willing to do the hands on work to help Plaid navigate an increasingly expansive footprint in the financial services industry. This person reports directly to our Corporate Communications Lead.
What excites you...
- Understanding the complexities of consumer privacy, in particular as they relate to the financial system, the current issues (open banking and finance, data sharing standards, etc.), and dynamic forces at play as the industry shifts to a fully digital ecosystem
- Influencing changing regulation and policies with an impact on the future of consumer data rights
- Defining strategies to build a brand and reputation that reflects innovation and industry-leading practices underway
- Building relationships with press, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Collaborating with team members across the company Creating new programs and practices from the ground up
- Working in a fast-paced environment that values self-starters, solid judgment, and fast decision-making
- What excites us...
- 10+ years experience in technology public relations; financial services industry experience a plus
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record in integrated communications
- A proven ability to build and grow a privacy communications program from the ground up
- Relationships with policy, privacy and technical press
- A passion for being a part of high-performing teams with a strong bias for action
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.