- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Dec. 2, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s GTM Partnerships role represents the core “go to market” function of our channel Partnerships team. This specific role will focus on Embedded Channel Sales - that is, “riding shotgun” with our highest-potential existing partners to co-sell Plaid products and services to prospective customers as part of an integrated solution with the partner. The new team member will be mapped to a portfolio of specific partners, and will own key performance indicators (e.g., opportunities created, revenue closed-won, win rates, partner NPS) for that basket of partners. The specific mapped partners within the portfolio may evolve over time.
In this capacity, the candidate will build our channel sales sub-function from 0 to 1, and well beyond. Success will require a mix of direct deal closing prowess, strategic partner management skills, and an aptitude for building and managing programs. This is initially an individual contributor role; however, strong performers will have the opportunity to hire additional team members as the impact and demands of embedded channel sales grows.
It’s expected that this candidate will work closely with other members of the GTM Partnerships team, our Revenue team, Partner Implementations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, etc.
Successful candidates may have experience in both direct sales and partnership / business development roles; experience in other strategic roles (e.g., biz ops, product, top-tier consulting or finance, etc.) is a plus.
What excites you
- You thrive on closing deals and bring a consultative approach oriented around driving long-term value, rather than just optimizing immediate revenue
- You’re energized by the opportunity to work collaboratively with some of Plaid’s most visible strategic partners
- You’ll enjoy transitioning between “micro” co-selling with partners on specific deals, and “macro” partner and program management
- You’re excited to launch a new sub-function from 0 to 1, and are comfortable navigating ambiguity and complexity
- You’re energized by Plaid’s mission of unlocking financial freedom for everyone
What excites us
- 7+ years work experience, including 3+ in directly revenue-generating roles with the sales chops to show for it
- Partnerships and/or strategic business development experience -- including working with partners post-close -- is a strong plus
- High degree of empathy for external partners
- Demonstrated experience driving complex cross-functional initiatives to successful outcomes
- Baseline technical aptitude
- An ownership mentality -- you’ll “run through walls” to shape and successfully execute our scaled partnerships strategy
- High-growth startup experience a plus, ideally in B2B
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.