- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe and Coinbase to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Our Sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company in financial services can benefit from better financial technology, and that many industries that don’t currently consider themselves to be fintech actually are.
You’ll be the individual helping us achieve this vision. Your focus will be on generating new deals and building strong, long-lasting relationships with companies. You’ll be tasked with identifying and closing deals across verticals in financial services, utilities, billing, insurance, and more.
What you’ll do
- Identify potential customers and run a technical end-to-end sales process
- Build and maintain relationships with enterprises, from executives to product teams and to developers
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to define and execute our sales strategy
What excites us
- Significant experience (3+ years of quota-carrying experience) in a new-revenue role and a strong track record of closing deals
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a product-centric mindsetExperience building and deploying a territory or vertical focused revenue strategy
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as neededDesire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid’s APIs
We’d love to hear from you! Please apply through our careers page and include a resume, LinkedIn, and a short description of your relevant background and interests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.