- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Partner Solutions Engineer is responsible for demonstrating to prospective channel Partners how Plaid’s solutions will address their business needs, supporting them end-to-end through evaluation, launch and continued growth. In addition to working closely with Partner managers, the Partner Solutions Engineer will also interface with Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Marketing. This role is a highly visible technical and product expert in the pre-sales process, and an important driver for internal advancement of customer requirements. You’ll work closely with our Partnership Enablement team as the technical lead supporting the ongoing relationship with partners. You will be responsible for partnering with Account Executives, proactively pushing deals forward by overcoming technical objections and designing solutions around Plaid products. You will be expected to have significant knowledge of the Fintech ecosystem and a deep understanding of how clients can best utilize Plaid. This particular role is for a senior individual contributor with strong potential to grow a team over time. You will lead cross-functional initiatives to drive new technical sales motions and engagement models for the Partnerships team and Plaid overall.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the technical product lead with partners for throughout the customer lifecycle (pre and post sale)
- Partner the Partnership GTM team to demonstrate to customers how Plaid can best address their use cases and technical requirements. Specifically, to design solutions and share integration best practices
- Partner with Implementation Specialists to ensure a successful a launch
- Work with Product and Engineering to help partners resolve any issues that are impediments to adoption and usage
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to translate partner feedback into technical requirements and meaningful product insights, weighing in on product features and roadmaps.
- Work with Product and Product Marketing to create the documentation and enablement material necessary to successfully engage partners
What Excites Us
- 10+ years of work experience, including 5+ years in a technical customer facing role.
- Experience in tech partnerships, pre-sales or solutions engineering is a plus.
- Customer facing experience and a strong sense of customer empathy
- A background that combines business experience and technical acumen
- Strong communications skills with a confident and proactive approach to client management
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly
- Knowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as HTTP and REST
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.