- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Sales Engineering is responsible for demonstrating to prospective customers how Plaid’s solutions will address their business needs. In addition to partnering closely with Account Executives, Sales Engineers also interface with Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Marketing. The Sales Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert in the pre-sales process, and a primary driver for internal advancement of customer requirements.
You’ll work closely with our Sales team as the technical lead during the pre-sales process. You will be responsible for partnering with Account Executives, proactively pushing deals forward by overcoming technical objections and building solutions around Plaid products. You will ensure a successful transition to the post-sale stage of the customer lifecycle and partner with Growth to drive adoption of new products by existing customers. You will be expected to have significant knowledge of the Fintech ecosystem and a deep understanding of how clients can best utilize Plaid.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the lead technical product lead for Enterprise accounts throughout the sales process
- Partner with Account Executives to demonstrate to prospects how Plaid can best address their use cases and technical requirements. Specifically, to design solutions and share best practices throughout the sales process.
- Work with our engineering and product teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights
What excites us
- Customer facing experience and a strong sense of customer empathy
- A background that combines business experience and technical acumen
- Strong communications skills with a confident and proactive approach to client management
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quicklyKnowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as HTTP and REST
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.