- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Financial Services
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
Our Sales team at Plaid combines deep product and industry knowledge and is focused on bringing Plaid to an ever-broadening set of businesses. Our thesis is that every company can benefit from better financial technology and that many industries that don’t currently consider themselves to be fintech actually are. To that end, hundreds of companies such as Robinhood, Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo and a growing number of Fortune 500 companies choose Plaid to deliver a best-in-class experience to integrate with banks and the financial system so that they can create the next generation of applications. Plaid has built integrations allowing access to all of the financial data you need through a single point of integration.
But we’re far from done. We’re looking for a proven sales leader, who will report to the Strategic Sales Leader, who has experience in managing a team of Account Executives who are tasked with generating growth across the strategic client segments for Plaid’s suite of financial tools. You’ll play a key role as you build and lead this highly visible, motivated team that generates revenues and achieves individual, team, and organizational quotas.
What excites you
- Recruiting, hiring, and developing a world-class sales team to support the revenue targets for the business
- Building and executing on pipeline with new clients and partners to run the end-to-end sales process
- Working in a high-pace, cross-functional environment that is different every day
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to be more ambitious
- Working with sales leadership set direction for your team, sales, and Plaid as a whole
What excites us
- 2+ years of experience building and leading high-performing sales teams with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise environment
- 5+ years of quota carrying technology sales experience as an individual contributor
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to team planning and development
- A strong track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex sales agreements
- Interest in financial services products and a desire to create strategic relationships that help our customers succeed
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, including executive leaders
- Experience working cross-functionally to build successful top of the funnel activities to drive more pipeline for AEs
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the C-level executives
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.