- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
- Software Engineering
We build simple yet innovative consumer products and developer APIs that shape how everybody interacts with money and the financial system.
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to connect with the financial system; supporting millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. Our goal is to give people more control over their finances and unlock financial freedom for everyone.
The Investments & Liabilities team is working to empower financial management, robo advising and lending use cases for Plaid customers by rationalizing investments and loans made across millions of accounts through a large universe of financial securities, currencies, and loan providers. We are a highly collaborative, remote-first team whose work spans a variety of technologies, services and product areas at Plaid.
You will lead the Investments and Liabilities team, working with your cross-functional counterparts to define a long-term roadmap for our investments and liabilities product offerings and driving the execution of that roadmap. You will support a strong team of experienced backend engineers, and you will help hire and grow that team to tackle new product initiatives.
What Excites You
- Developing an API platform that is used by thousands of businesses to enable the democratization of finance
- Connecting product and business opportunities to technical execution
- Growing product usage by understanding and solving customer and end-user problems
- Building a great team culture and instilling the team with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
What Excites Us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, with 4+ years as a software engineer.
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
- Experience building API products
- Experience owning a production product and working with a product manager and/or business partners to drive business impact
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed
- Nice to have: Experience in the investments or lending space
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.