- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 22, 2021
- Software Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer with experience building high-performance systems and APIs to join our new Signal product team. We are developing innovative solutions for evaluating risks in bank-to-bank money transfers. You’ll spend most of your time developing improvements to the products and backend systems powering our payment fraud detection system, but there is some expectation to work across the stack when needed.
Apply if you care about building large scalable, performant production systems and creativity, user empathy, and teamwork.
- We’re guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for people motivated by those same principles.
What excites you
- Building highly scalable and low latency systems for real time decisioning
- Building products with real impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Product mindset: You understand that building the right tools and systems
- Digging through finance’s complex challenges—and reimagining the experience completely
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
What excites us
- 2-5+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and a strong command of at least one language
- Experience with (and passion for) APIs, scalability, and performance
- Experience using data to do analysis and build products
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.