- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Data access towards financial institutions is a critical part of the fintech ecosystem. The data access platform team is responsible for identifying platform solutions for integrations with these banks, and being able to scale these integrations as Plaid continues to serve more customers. As a result, engineers will often end up working side-by-side with other integration and backend teams to accomplish their tasks. The core data models that support the integration with these banks require both technical depth and breadth to successfully navigate to help build the right solution for both the FI and our customers.
As a member of the team, you will work cross functionally with both the integration team and the core services teams to build platform solutions for banks.
You will be able to identify high impact projects across multiple different systems and have the support of multiple teams to build them out.
You will be able to proactive shape the future of data access, by not only building what banks need for the integrations, but also bettering systems to help build things that financial institutions want.
- The team is based remotely, but headquartered in SF.
- The team operates well both independently and together, depending on the situation that is needed.
- If you’re looking to own cross functional processes/services and to build out the future of fintech data access, this team is for you.
What excites you
- Building infrastructure and working with services critical to the company’s core mission.
- Build products that both affect thousands of banks and customers that interact with those banks.
- Help enable and grow the Fintech industry by building new and innovative solutions to improve financial access by enabling banks, consumers, and applications.
- Building products using cross functional workstreams.
- Strong ownership and technical depth of multiple core systems.
- Building solutions to scale services that support millions of other finTech companies, end-users, and major financial institutions.
What excites us
- 5+ years of production experienceExperience working with backend systems and APIs
- Willingness to work cross functionally to help hit a common goal.
- Ability and want to mentor others to reduce bus factor and increase scalability of the team.
- Ability to own complex problems and work as one team to get them across the finish line.
- Product mindset and the ability to manage projects with other teams that span over a quarter in length.
- The thrive to continue to #makeitbetter.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.