- Salt Lake City
- Date Posted
- Dec. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
As a software engineer on the Bank APIs team, you will be responsible for building, improving and influencing the design of our core integrations with our largest financial institution partners. This involves updating products, features, and services across our entire stack to ensure seamless experiences for our customers, consumers, and partners. It is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure as it connects millions of bank accounts and billions of transactions to Plaid.
We’re architected around decoupled services. We are looking for someone to come in and help piece together a long-term roadmap for how these services need to work together to ensure reliable, high quality data access. Most of our backend core systems are written in Go, but that’s not a prerequisite. We pick the right tool for the job and have systems in Go, TypeScript, and Python.
We’re guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for people motivated by those same principles.
- If you are looking for the fast track to impact, this is it! We will need you to dive right in.
What excites us
- 8+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and a strong command of at least one language
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field and a strong track record of building interesting projects
- Pragmatism. Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
- Impact driven. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
- Adaptability. Most of our engineers work across the entire stack, touching everything from the front-end, mobile, and our core infrastructure.
- Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.