- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer with experience building consumer-focused front-end components and experiences to join our Money Movement team. You will help build new features on existing products and new products that unlock novel money movement use cases for the entire FinTech Industry. You’ll also be mentoring a team on frontend engineering, applying best practices and making quality components that solve long-term problems. You’ll work closely with a product manager and designer to understand user needs and create experiences that delight them.
What excites you
- Building products with impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Interactive single-page applications, built on modern front-end frameworks like React
- Digging through finance’s complex challenges—and reimagining the experience completely
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
What excites us
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Strong UX experience, including building components from scratch
- Experience working with PMs & designers to optimize experiences for end-users, including running A/B tests and improving conversion rates
- Track record of building quality consumer experiences, especially in payments or check out flows
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.