- Salt Lake City
- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to connect with the financial system; supporting millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. Our goal is to give people more control over their finances and unlock financial freedom for everyone.
As a software engineer at Plaid’s engineering office in Salt Lake City, you are responsible for the core integrations into our financial institution partners and the framework that keeps all these integrations together. It is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure as it connects millions of bank accounts and billions of transactions to Plaid.
We’re architected around decoupled services. We are looking for someone to come in and help piece together a long-term roadmap for how these services need to work together to ensure reliable, high quality data access. Most of our backend core systems are written in Go, but that’s not a prerequisite. We pick the right tool for the job and have systems in Go, TypeScript, and Python.
We’re guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for people motivated by those same principles.
- If you are looking for the fast track to impact, this is it! We will need you to dive right in.
What excites us
- Deep industry experience laying the technical foundations for top-tier teams
- 5+ years of production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems
- A record of mentoring experienced engineers around you and helping them grow
- Empathy and enthusiasm for understanding other teams’ challenges and the ability to influence them towards the right technical path for the org
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
- Impact driven. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
- Adaptability. Most of our engineers work across the entire stack, touching everything from the front-end, mobile, and our core infrastructure.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.