- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Financial Services
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to connect with the financial system; supporting millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. Our goal is to give people more control over their finances and unlock financial freedom for everyone.
Our ability to support new products, markets, and users rests on the quality of the internal platform, abstractions, and APIs that we build. The better common building blocks we create, the faster we enable other engineering teams to build and scale each product for our customers and our users.
We are hiring a Software Engineer for our Core Services team, which provides common abstractions and primitives. For example, the creation of a single external API route can require the ability to permission, schedule updates to, retrieve, and send notifications about multiple core data models.
As an engineer, you’ll help build, scale, and design the next generation of Plaid’s product infrastructure. Our engineering culture is IC-driven—we favor bottom-up ideation and empowerment of our incredibly talented team. We’re guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for people motivated by those same principles.
What excites us
- 5+ years of production experience, core fundamentals, and a strong command of at least one language
- Production experience designing and shipping highly reliable backend systems and APIs
- A record of mentoring engineers around you and helping them grow
What excites you
- Building products with real impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Scaling the scheduling algorithm that manages updates for all of Plaid’s user data, and rewriting the update pipeline that processes this data
- Mentoring engineers around you and establishing a culture of technical excellence
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.