- Date Posted
- Jun. 16, 2021
- Software Engineering
We build simple yet innovative consumer products and developer APIs that shape how everybody interacts with money and the financial system.
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to connect with the financial system; supporting millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. Our goal is to give people more control over their finances and unlock financial freedom for everyone.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Developer Efficiency team. We empower the Plaid engineering teams with tools and processes, spanning from local development, testing, and deployment.
- We're guided by our principles, including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, and inventing tomorrow; we're looking for people motivated by those same principles.
- Apply if you enjoy cross-collaboration and want to be part of building new tools and processes to work more efficiently.
What excites you
- Empowering Engineering by building libraries, tools, and processes
- Creating high quality shared abstractions. You’re not just building to solve today’s problem, but building a foundation for the next 6~24 months of the company
- Building tools that you’ll be your own user
- Building tools that you’ll be your own user. For example the team is responsible for the local development environment that all of the engineering (including us) uses
- You like efficiency; and you are willing to invest time and effort to have repeatable efficient process rather than doing an one-off work
What excites us
- 2-5 years of production experience
- Strong core fundamentals and a command of at least one language among Python/Typescript/Go. We are building language-idiomatic libraries for all three of the Plaid’s supported language runtimes
- Running and maintaining CI/CD systems, such as Jenkins, CircleCI. We’re reaching scalability and usability limits with our current system and is planning to build the next-generation of the systems to power the next years of Plaid’s growth
- Experience with product development
- GRPC or other service-to-service communication protocol
- Nice to have: Experience with product development
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.