- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Software Engineering
The Financial Identity team’s mission is to deliver holistic financial identity services that give our customers extraordinary competitive advantages. Our customers range from early-stage startups to large lenders and enterprises that rely on Plaid as critical infrastructure.
We’re a highly collaborative cross-functional team that has goals-based ownership of our outcomes, meaning we are responsible for not just building the technology & products but also growing their usage and iterating closely with customers on ways to improve. We’re interested in improving the quality of our solutions while developing a stable technology base that both allows for reliability as well as development velocity.
As an engineering manager for the Income team, you’ll be responsible for building a world class team of engineers to make our new Income product successful. Income is one of Plaid’s newest products that makes it super simple to verify a customer’s income during an application process when applying for things like a mortgage, personal loan or apartment rental. You’ll be responsible for helping double the team’s size over the next 6 months, while working closely with product managers, designers and our sales team.
What Excites You
- Developing an API platform that is used by thousands of businesses to enable the democratization of finance
- Connecting product and business opportunities to technical execution
- Growing product usage by understanding and solving customer and end-user problems
- Recruiting and growing an incredible team of engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership and impact
- Fostering a collaborative culture that embodies our principles and empowers users
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers, helping them identify opportunities to take risks and fail fast
- Working with other engineer managers and function leads to set the direction for your team, the engineering department, and Plaid as a whole
- Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs
What Excites Us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with significant experience as a software engineer
- Experience building API products
- Product sense and understanding of customer needs
- Experience owning a production product and working with a product manager and/or business partners to drive business impact
- Good technical sense with specific experience working on scalability issues
- Passion for fostering functioning teams and organizations
- A record of enhancing your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to headcount planning
- We're guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.