- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products. Today, thousands of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to connect with the financial system; supporting millions of requests per day and thousands of bank integrations. Our goal is to give people more control over their finances and unlock financial freedom for everyone.
The International Team is working to make Plaid into a market leader in European bank connectivity. We partner with our colleagues in Amsterdam and London to adapt our existing products to the European market, and to build an entirely new European payments product.
You will lead the San Francisco-based International team, working with your cross-functional counterparts to define a long-term roadmap for our European product offerings and driving the execution of that roadmap. You will support a strong team of experienced full-stack engineers, and you will help hire and grow that team to tackle additional problems and—over time—expand to new regions.
What Excited You
- Taking new products from zero to one
- Wearing a product hat, and developing a deep understanding of a new and rapidly changing market
- Working closely with colleagues across numerous teams and functions to accelerate and de-risk our work
- Finding ways to work seamlessly and effectively with colleagues across several locations and timezones
- Building a great team culture and instilling the team with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
What Excites Us
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, with 4+ years as a software engineer.
- You’ve built a recruiting pipeline to hire and grow your team.
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
- A problem-solving mindset and a willingness to step outside your lane when needed
- Startup experience/experience developing new products from scratch
- Experience in the payments space (US, European, or otherwise)
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.