- Date Posted
- Sep. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s products enable thousands of developers to build the next generation of financial services applications. When those developers need help, they turn to the Plaid Support team. Our goal is to help customers quickly and compassionately; keeping their applications running and their end-users happy.
The Developer Support Team Manager leads a team of Developer Support Engineers (DSEs), guiding their development and helping them in their day-to-day work. The manager’s primary responsibilities are to ensure our customers get what they need to be successful and help DSEs grow in their careers.
This role will work in tandem with another Developer Support manager to set and execute the vision and roadmap for the team. Managers interact with customers directly as well as with Engineering, Product, Design, Growth, and Sales to support and improve Plaid’s product and services. Success in the role is reflected in the success of the team; high quality output, satisfied customers and satisfied employees.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Support Management to continually iterate on team process, function, communication, collaboration, and quality.
- Review team output (primarily tickets) for quality, accuracy, tone, and grammar. Log and provide feedback to engineers on how to improve.
- Lead team pro; identifying blocked tickets, areas where engineers need guidance to resolve an issue, and coordinating how to move forward efficiently.
- Identify patterns and areas of improvement within the team. Work cross-functionally to remove barriers and improve team dynamics, processes, and tooling.
- Participate in and continually iterate on the way the team hires, onboards, and organizes continuing education for DS members.
- Work on ways to improve all aspects of the ticket cycle from the customer experience to the DSE execution.
What Excites Us:
- Experience leading or managing a technical team
- Ability to read and write code
- Experience supporting developers through community platforms like GitHub, Stack Overflow, etc.
- Familiarity with modern web services and APIs
- Affinity for SDKs
- Caring deeply about the success of developers building on Plaid
- Helping define the future of Fintech!
- Passion for problem-solving from both technical and personal perspectives
- Passion helping others develop in their careers
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.