- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
When you’re powering the future of fintech there’s a lot of work to be done, and Plaid’s support team is there to smooth any gaps along the way. We ensure a great experience for everyone-- our customers, their customers (or the consumers who interact with Plaid via our customers’ apps and services), and financial institutions.
With so much growth and opportunity on the horizon we’re at a very exciting moment, and we’re looking for a creative and highly effective leader to help us chart this next phase of our support organization. As the manager for Product Support you’ll sweat “response time” as your primary metric, closely followed by “resolution time” for issues that can be identified and resolved without Technical Support Engineering intervention. With a focus on excellence, we’re looking for someone with creativity and a wide breadth of support experience to tackle this high volume support challenge and deliver exceptional service without compromising speed or efficiency within the context of Plaid’s very technical and complex product.
In the day to day you’ll manage our Product Support Specialists, currently consumer-facing they provide our version of “Tier 1” support, which given Plaid’s product is still highly technical. You’ll also be tasked with scaling this Tier 1-like support strategy, hiring customer-facing Product Support Specialists and evolving our triage-escalation model to provide our Technical Support Engineering teams with more bandwidth to invest in issue resolution, not simply diagnosis. You’ll work alongside your team, interacting directly with customers and consumers, as well as teams across Plaid responsible for ensuring we’re delivering quality products and experiences.
Self-service will also be a big part of this next phase, and we’ll be looking to the Product Support team to lead the charge; we want to ensure customers and consumers can tackle errors and issues in whatever way they prefer, whenever and wherever they need assistance. You’ll work with the Support Experience and Support Operations managers to build the systems, tools, and content to make this a reality.
What Excites You:
- Building high performing teams from the ground up.
- Defining a vision for excellence and creating the systems and processes to ensure consistent execution.
- Being customer obsessed. Designing support models and self-service support experiences that anticipate product changes and are responsive to evolving customer needs.
- Maximizing efficiency -- sweating the details to remove obstacles and ensure your team has everything they need to do their best work.
- Cultivating a joyful, engaged and highly collaborative team culture that celebrates learning and prioritizes progress over perfection.
- Leading creative and inclusive hiring processes that encourage and support diverse candidates and create opportunities for entry and transition into technology.
- Growing careers! Helping early career folks navigate their future, and providing the coaching and mentorship to get them where they want to go.
- Creating meaningful product-support feedback loops to represent the needs of customers/users.
What Excites Us:
- Experience leading or managing high volume support for a technical product -- experience in a B2B, B2B2C role, or working with API products is a plus.
- Experience with remote teams, fostering a strong culture and team vibe despite distance.
- Deep empathy and service orientation, caring authentically about the success of consumers and customers who rely on Plaid.
- Technical competency. You are comfortable and experienced working on technical problems and can engage meaningfully -- even if you don’t understand all the details.
- A servant-leadership mindset with creative approaches to employee engagement -- creating highly effective teams who have fun in their work, enjoy the day-to-day and see the impact of their efforts.
- A run-through-walls attitude -- you do not accept the status quo, and you continually work to identify and solve the root of problems from both technical and personal perspectives.
- Passion for helping others develop in their careers and a vision for creating meaningful entry-level experiences.
- Helping define the future of Fintech!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.