- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
With such great growth and reach comes great responsibility - to consumers, customers, and the financial space we’re helping to transform. We care deeply about making sure our policies and processes are transparent, digestible, and in the best interest of consumers, and we take security very seriously. We understand that when it comes to people’s data and finances, trust in Plaid is integral to the success of our app customers and to the end users they serve. To this end, we’re merging work across our support teams -- related to transparency, security and control -- under a single team: Trust & Safety.
As a member of Plaid’s new Trust & Safety team, you’ll help Plaid deliver on its mission by providing users control of and access to their own financial data. You’ll work directly with end users via email to help them exercise their data protection rights, investigate complex and sensitive issues like fraud, and ultimately acknowledge, inform, and empower users to make the decisions that are best for their financial lives.
Using what you learn through these 1:1 support experiences, you’ll get to work closely with Support leadership, our Risk team, and Legal team to operationalize and scale our processes to match our growth and ensure we have the systems in place to be successful. You’ll even get a chance to work with teams like Comms and Marketing to help inform a broader strategy regarding public-facing Support.
You’re likely to succeed in this role if you love helping people, can work efficiently with a variety of functions and teams, and have a knack for charting a path forward when there’s not always a clear playbook.
What Excites You
- Working directly with customers and end users.
- Having an impact on day 1 with the chance to build, operationalize, and scale systems and processes.
- Getting to flex your investigative, resourceful, and creative approaches to problem solving.
- Identifying and actively building connections with relevant subject-matter experts across the company.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to help improve efficiency and up-level internal teams’ understanding of trust and safety issues, as the representative of our end users.
- A growing, fast-paced company with an ever-increasing influence in the financial space.
- Not having a plug-and-play model of support - approaching each challenge or new issue with curious eyes.
What Excites Us
- A demonstrated passion for helping people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in an external-facing role related to operations, compliance, risk, trust & safety, or a similar space.
- Self-motivated - able to operate autonomously and in a changing environment.
- Significant exposure to Zendesk (or similar) and experience optimizing knowledge management systems.
- Familiarity with fintechs or API products, and/or an interest in learning new technical concepts.
- An interest in prioritizing ambiguous problem areas, driving alignment, and building consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Social media management experience or experience writing highly visible, public communication (PR, marketing, journalism) is a plus.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.