- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 13, 2021
- Business Applications
Note for Printify roles:
- We support remote work and this role can be held from any country in an EMEA time zone
- Within the right timezones, employees can work from any country where they have the right to work
- Printify supports relocation to Latvia or Estonia, provided the candidates meets immigration criteria set by these countries (This also applied to candidates with no right to live and work in any EMEA country)
James Berdigans, CEO of Printify:
“Our mission is to empower creators with on demand production. Our vision is to transform ecommerce from mass manufacturing to on-demand production, eliminating excess stock and reducing environmental waste.”
With no leftover stock and minimal risk, Printify has already helped more than 1 million merchants and creators grow their e-commerce business and sell custom design products without upfront investment. We ensure high quality at low cost.
On September 9th 2021, Printify announced that it has secured $45M in Series A funding led by Index Ventures, with participation from H&M Group, Virgin Group, founders of leading technology companies Wise, Vinted, Squarespace, RedHat, and entertainment industry investors such as Will Smith’s Dreamers VC. Printify will use this investment to further expand its marketplace and to hire the best talents available around the world.
The GM role
General managers at Printify are business owners of parts of Printify business areas or major initiatives. They are building, owning and driving a coherent strategy across all functional areas within the company and ensure that operations are running smoothly. Working cross functionally, they make strategic decisions and execute their plans to ensure that Printify meets its business objectives.
GMs own goals such as volumes, profits, EBITDA or quality, can have P&L responsibility over the essential drivers for our product vision and strategy and aim at delivering high-value solutions for both merchants & print providers.
- GMs are strong leaders, passionate about developing scalable systems, driving process improvement and working with multiple stakeholders.
- GMs are resourceful and frugal to achieve a lot using limited resources and have a proven track record of delivering measurable business results.
GMs are like honey badgers. They are not set back by apparent blockers, they never give up and always find a way to achieve their goals.
The GM Pricing Strategy Role
Increasing profitability for our clients is one of our major customer promises and a fundamental cross functional area for Printify’s future successes. Printify enables merchants to maximise their profit compared to alternatives and grow their business.
The General Manager Pricing Strategy will coordinate a cross-functional team to define, implement and maintain the most efficient pricing strategy to allow our clients to maximise their profits with our platform to boost new customer onboarding and maintain existing client retention.
An ambitious self-starter with proven analytical capabilities, a strategic mindset and broad business experience, the GM Pricing Strategy will initiate, plan and implement new ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced and competitive start-up environment.
- Own & build. You are accountable for assessing, improving and maintaining the overall pricing strategy and vision of the products offered by our suppliers to our clients. You are ultimately responsible for aligning the entire company towards this goal, coordinating pricing optimisation with print providers and ensuring pricing of products, shipping, subscription and additional services are clearly understood by merchants. You must be able to diagnose & address problems quickly, have foresight into potential issues and lead Printify teams in hitting their goals
- Strategise. You are responsible for tracking and analysing our competitor’s pricing while making sure our offer is the most competitive. You define and execute on our Pricing vision and strategy while balancing short and long-term goals
- Influence. You work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Finance, Sales and Business Development teams to improve the suppliers, merchants and end customers experience to drive the implementation of Printify’s key pricing programs and assess our price competitiveness. You lead the team to deliver results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives
- Analyse. You incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform business orientation, product strategies and operational roadmaps and decide on impactful high-level input metrics
- Improve. You identify process inefficiencies and propose scalable solutions globally. You identify and eliminate barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality while solving complex customer interactions and proactively detecting negative trends
- Proven track record of driving pricing and profitability related improvements and process building in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in or with eCommerce or online platforms
- Experience in high growth environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Strong business understanding and customer empathy
- Excellent quantitative problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills in English
- Effective communication to send clear, concise and consistent written and verbal messages
- Proven track record of delivering objectives on time
- Experience of working independently, juggling multiple tasks and prioritising customer facing initiatives
- Product management Experience
- Project management Experience
- Ability to generate insights from data
- Ability to develop and implement department vision, goals and strategies.
- Proven track record of making positive recommendations and implementing new ideas to fix negative behaviours
What we offer
- Stock options so you own a part of Printify
- Health insurance and health budget to support your well-being
- Remote work is possible and encouraged from anywhere within an EMEA time zone
- International relocation support for international candidates who wish to work in Riga or Tallinn
- Flexible work schedule
- Modern & ergonomic office space in Printify House in Riga with access to the in-house gym
Joining Printify means joining an international company with an amazing team that has grown to over 500 people. At Printify, people from over 20 nationalities and with many different backgrounds are working together in our Riga office and around the world.
We play to win together, and we always strive for excellence. We want to achieve great things and make a meaningful change in our customers’ lives. Our customers are our most important asset and our compass in showing us the direction to go. We value a strong learning culture and are united by a growth mindset.
Words from our investors:
Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group:
“Entrepreneurial spirit runs through the Virgin Group, which is why I’m proud to support Printify. Both Printify’s vision and success story to date embed this special entrepreneurial spirit, which in turn has created a rapidly growing and robust e-commerce platform. Printify’s unique proposition helps people market their brands through customisable products, with no upfront investment. We’re excited to support its growth in the coming years.”
Elise Fahlen, Investment Manager at H&M CO:LAB:
“With the world experiencing rapid growth in on-demand services, H&M Group is thrilled to have invested in Printify and the team behind it. The execution of the founder’s vision and their impressive success to date speaks not only to the scalability of the product, but also in their ability to be a long-standing industry leader in this space.”
Dino Becirovic, Principal at Index Ventures:
“Printify is the leading marketplace for on-demand manufacturing, offering the largest selection of products and print providers. They have removed all the barriers to product creation and enabled over 2 million creators to launch successful merchandise businesses at the push of a button. Over time, as more manufacturers come online and more methods become available, Printify will allow any creator to bring their wildest product ideas to reality.”