- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Capital Markets Analyst (Graduate)
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services, making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 20,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and more recently DFC and CPP.
What will you do in the role?
The London-based Capital Markets team is responsible for originating and executing the debt funding transactions which provide the funds for the student lending business. The range of transactions includes bank warehouse facilities, development bank/agency lending, publicly-rated asset-backed securitisation and social bonds. Counterparties the team works with includes a range of top tier global investment banks, development banks and agencies, asset managers, credit funds and family offices - mostly in North American and European markets.
The candidate joining the team in this role will gain a wide range of experience assisting the team and learning about global debt capital markets. This will include:
- Analysis and cash flow modelling of asset-backed financing
- Learning about credit analysis and risk management in the context of a consumer lending portfolio
- Legal structuring and documentation of transactions, including public market securitisation
- Preparation of materials and presentations for a wide range of investors
- Assisting with lender and rating agency due diligence processes
- Learning about investor negotiation and relationship management
- Initially, the role will require the candidate to support other team members, learning from them, and over time the candidate will take on responsibility as opportunities arise. The role is a fantastic opportunity to learn about all aspects of the funding and capital markets of a growing fintech business.
- What are some of the roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Participating in transactions including structuring, due diligence and documentation processes
- Helping to design and build high quality cash flow models
- Helping to design, measure and report on social impact metrics
- Undertaking high quality data research and analysis measuring social impact metrics
- Working closely with other business functions in relation to data management and reporting
- Involvement in investor activities and preparation of investor materials
- Building strong relationships across all stakeholders within Prodigy Finance
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Outstanding analytical thinking capability with ability to adapt between quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Learning new concepts and business issues quickly
- Project management and leadership, detail-driven organisation and administration, and time-management and prioritisation.
- Strong attention to detail; logical, systematic, relentless focus on 100% accuracy, a strong desire for errorless and perfectly presented work product.
- Problem-solving aptitude; able to conduct research to define problems and prepare responses to anticipated questions and queries, make logical conclusions, anticipate obstacles, and consider different approaches during the decision-making process.
- Ability to work autonomously without micro-management and clear direction, in a rapidly changing and often ambiguous environment.
- Possess the self-motivation and inner drive to set and deliver against tight deadlines bringing a “results focused” approach.
Qualifications and experience
- Candidates must already have UK residency and permission to work in the UK.
- Recent/New graduates with a relevant bachelor’s degree, 2.1 minimum, from a globally high-ranking university, with an excellent academic and extra-curricular record.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with [numeric/quant] degree subjects such as Maths, Economics, Engineering, and Sciences and the highest achieving Humanities/Arts candidates with demonstrable interest and/or work experience in finance.
- Internship or work experience in the financial services, legal or tech sectors is a plus
- Strong interest and desire to work in debt capital markets and fintech.
- Interest in impact investing and sustainable finance (social / green / sustainable bonds).
- Some initial experience in using MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word is a plus.