- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 20,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse, the US DFC, CPPIB and Deutsche Bank.
What will you do in the role?
You’ll assist in coming up with novel and practical ways to secure our services, as well as potentially improving what we already do. This is a great position if you’d like to get involved with innovative tech, have an exploratory mind, and want to work with many other teams and levels of seniority!
What you will do in the role
As a growth company in the fintech space we’re often working with cutting edge, cloud-based technologies, where traditional security models don’t always work. You’ll assist in coming up with novel and practical ways to secure our services, as well as potentially improving what we already do. This is a great position if you’d like to get involved with innovative tech, have an exploratory mind, and want to work with many other teams and levels of seniority!
What are some of the roles and responsibilities of this role?
Manage EDR solution
Manage Email security systems
- Work closely with IT support and cloud infrastructure teams to roll out security-related infrastructure/solutions
- Assist in reviewing security of third-party cloud platforms
- Assist with security awareness initiatives and training across the company
- Work with metrics and data to filter out suspicious activity, finding and mitigating risks before breaches occur
Perform internal security audits
- Analysing security breaches to identify the root cause
- Continuously updating the company’s incident response, information security policy and disaster recovery plans
- Verifying the security of third-party vendors and collaborating with them to meet security requirements
- Adapt to ever changing requirements and system changes
Automate security related infrastructure
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Working on the automation of security related infrastructure
- Securing systems, ranging from user machines to cloud infrastructure
- Keeping aware of potentially better solutions, or new ideas, to increase security
- Be flexible and proactive; don’t sit behind a desk and do your assigned tasks
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a technical cybersecurity-related position or cloud system administrator position
- Thorough understanding of networking, firewalls and system security
- Thorough understanding of the TLS protocol
- Competent Linux, Mac and Windows system administration skills
- Detail oriented with an analytical mindset and have the ability to manage multiple requests for support at a time
Experience in securing cloud infrastructure
- A tertiary degree in a computer science related field
- Competency with basic scripting using either Bash, Powershell or Ruby/Python
- Able to set up and manage a SIEM solution
Understanding of application security concepts
Experience with penetration testing or ethical hacker based activity