- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
- Engineering QA
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 19,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse, the US DFC, CPPIB and Deutsche Bank.
What will you do in the role?
As our quality assessor, you will manage the quality assurance processes for our front-facing customer success team in our Operations department, in close collaboration with the team leaders and training team. You will work closely with the teams to identify gaps/ needs to ensure we deliver a referrable customer experience. The focus of the role being on quality assurance, coaching and customer experience in relation to product, process and service.
- What are some of the responsibilities of this role?
- Ensure all quality and compliance assurance requirements are met
- Support business updates through quality assurance feedback and monitor adherence to changes
- Facilitate QA criteria updates and how they align to conversion, compliance and customer service
- Conduct quality assurance checks on the front-facing customer success team
- Manage the quality system within the front-facing customer success space
- Handle audit support queries and related tasks when required
- Work with CX and team leaders to review customer satisfaction feedback and identify training or process gaps
- Calibration, feedback and reporting on the front-facing customer success team’s performance
- Plan, schedule and monitor the calibration process between QA, CX, team leaders and training
- Track main actions and progress and highlight positive and negative trends on a weekly and monthly basis
- Escalate major quality, service and compliance issues to management
- Identify with the team leaders any common areas of concern, and work with the Operations Managers to undertake remedial action and escalate as appropriate
- Assist in the delivery of Quality training to staff as required
- Ensure appropriate and relevant documentation and record keeping is adopted to monitor quality and compliance
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting and feedback to give insights into level of quality assurance of the front-facing customer success team
- Management the understanding of quality assurance within the business and the business standard of quality
- Execution of quality control checks and delivering insightful and constructive feedback
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Expressing & boldly being a brand and values ambassador
- Be a guardian and watchdog for Prodigy process knowledge on our ZenDesk knowledge base
- Ability to keep our teams current and relevant by sourcing “good” and “bad” examples of service experiences, doing root cause analysis and showcasing these as learning opportunities.
- Display a strong level of agility and adaptability in a fast paced Fintech environment.
- Strong attention to detail and administrative discipline; able to identify and escalate any errors when made by any part of the team or business.
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi skilled strength set.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.
- Proven ability to operate independently and within a team environment, whether that be remotely at home or in office with the team.
- Strong self-awareness and the ability to conduct oneself in a confident manner.
- Have the ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom.
- Process control and process thinking – understanding the impact of how changes upstream affect customers and stakeholders in all parts of the value chain.
- Accountable, being comfortable with being the first point of contact by internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience working as a quality assessor within financial services or similar
- Experience creating quality scorecards
- Background in change management
- Proven track record of developing quality parameters
- Experience with quality monitoring and in-depth understanding of KPI’s
- Highly flexible and able to adjust to an ever-changing high-pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse incomplete data, identify issues and come up with solutions
- Ability to understand and convey quality data findings to stakeholders
- Experience that would be nice to have
- Fintech experience – hopefully you would have experienced the excitement and challenges of working at the bleeding edge of disruptive technology within financial services.
- Experience with FCA or have worked in a business that is FCA regulated before.
- Growth Company experience – you may have experienced rapid growth in your current role or company, knowing how to keep pace with changing processes and dependencies.