- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services, making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 19,000 students.
- We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank
- What will you do in the role?
- The financial accountant will work in the Finance team reporting to the Head of Finance to address the financial accounting requirements of the Group.
- What are the key responsibilities of the role?
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts and working on automating this using the ERP
- Preparation of IFRS compliant Group and Company management accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements using ERP trial balances and Google Sheets
- Preparation of annual accounting papers to justify accounting measurement and policies adopted by the Group
- Administration of the ERP running amortization schedules, closing periods
- Reconciliation of FAR, Investor Reports and non sub-ledger schedules to the general ledger
Preparing journal entry working papers
Occasionally passing journal entries
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Self-starter who is able to get stuck into the detail
- Highly analytical and able to understand the principles of fixed income capital markets
- Understanding of securitised debt and warehouse funding facilities
Can accommodate constant change
Solution and goal orientated
Deadline driven and flexible
- Competent in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Constantly looking for ways to improve processes and reducing manual repetitive tasks
Qualifications and experience
Accounting Qualification CA(SA), ACA
- Ideally 5 years+ in a financial accounting role in financial services
- Understanding of ABSs and warehouse funding SPVs
- Strong IFRS knowledge especially in IFRS 9, 10 and 13
Experience in consolidations
Experience in preparing financial statements
Knowledge of NetSuite would be beneficial