- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Nov. 16, 2021
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 20,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse, the US DFC, CPPIB and Deutsche Bank.
What will you do in the role?
You’ll assist in coming up with novel and practical ways to secure our services, as well as potentially improving what we already do. This is a great position if you’d like to get involved with innovative tech, have an exploratory mind, and want to work with many other teams and levels of seniority!
- What are some of the roles and responsibilities of this role?
- Manage Endpoint Detection and Response solution
- Management of Email security systems (Rules, Configs, MX Records, Spam, Viruses and Malware)
- Partner with business units to support and continuously improve security-related infrastructure/solutions
- Reviewing security of third-party cloud platforms
- Security awareness training
- Work with metrics and data to filter out suspicious activity, finding and mitigating risks before breaches occur
- Configuring various platforms (e.g. Firewalls, Mail servers, SIEM, etc) to detect/filter/flag suspicious activity - finding and mitigating risks before breaches occur.
- Perform internal security audits & assist with ad-hoc audits
- Implement security best practise and governance according to various industry standards
- Continuously updating relevant company policies (e.g. Security Policy)
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Working on the automation of security related infrastructure
- Securing cloud systems
- Implements honeypots, honeynets, black-holes, tar-pits, etc.
- Is constantly up to date with the latest security threats in the industry & mitigations
- Experience configuring & integrating many different technologies - Firewalls, SIEM, IDS, PAM, MDM, QOS, etc
Qualifications and experience
- Preferably a tertiary degree in a computer science/information systems or related field
- Relevant security-related certifications (e.g. CEH, CCSP, etc)
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a technical security-related position or cloud/system administrator position
- Thorough understanding of networking, firewalls and system security
- Experience securing cloud technologies
- Competency with configuring rule sets and system policies
- Understanding of application security concepts
- Experience with penetration testing or ethical hacker-based activity
- Experience with internal/external IT audits
- Experience with incident response and management