- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Jun. 27, 2021
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 19,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank.
- What you will do in this role?
- This role is perfect for an experienced Compliance specialist who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast growing company. You will be working with various aspects of compliance as detailed below.
- What are some of the responsibilities of this role?
- Provide regulatory support and advice to the business on issues and product developments and changes, including regulations and applicable laws, financial crime and other matters.
- Be the company authority and area expert on data laws and regulations especially GDPR and its application to business processes and to a global business.
- Draw up the annual monitoring plan based upon the risk-based programme and undertake quarterly monitoring reviews.
- Day-to-day responsibility for sanctions, AML, financial crime and their application to the business including the review of ongoing PEP & Sanction matches thrown up by the screening system.
- Manage and administer compliance training via the CBT platform, including producing MI on completion rates.
- Review and update compliance policies on a periodic basis as agreed with the Head of Compliance.
- Present face to face training sessions, including induction training for new joiners and training on relevant topics and developments for business areas.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and provide summaries of key changes to the Head of Compliance and Global General Counsel.
- Assisting Head of Compliance with preparing Board packs and presentations.
- Deputising for the Head of Compliance at company task forces and committees as required.
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to explain complex regulatory issues succinctly and simply
- Good commercial judgement, and the ability to apply regulation to real-world situations
- Being a team player, able to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- The ability to multi-task and manage various deadlines.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years experience working in compliance in a lending and/or investment business
- Experience of working in a consumer finance regulated business
- Knowledge and experience in data laws and regulations
AML sanctions/PEP checking experience
Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment