- Cape Town
- Date Posted
- Nov. 2, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Prodigy Finance - who are we?
Prodigy Finance is a platform that delivers socially responsible financial services; making it possible for students from more than 150 countries to fulfil their dream of studying at the world’s top universities and schools by financing their international postgraduate studies, whilst delivering competitive financial and social returns to alumni, institutional and private investors.
This borderless and innovative model enables education loan financing to students from across the globe, whilst using predicted post-degree affordability rather than present-day salary. Since 2007, Prodigy Finance has extended over US$1 billion through the platform to fund over 19,000 students.
We are funded by some of the best, pre-eminent institutions in the world including g Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, RMIH, Credit Suisse, the US DFC, CPPIB and Deutsche Bank.
What will you do in the role?
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Verification Agent to join our Front Office Team based in Cape Town. This person will be fully accountable for managing customer interactions, processes and systems around loan applications. There will be a specific focus on verifying loan application documents for customers.
- Prodigy Finance’s Customer Success Team is located in Cape Town, South Africa with the role reporting to a Verification Team Leader.
- What are some of the responsibilities of this role?
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality when verifying customer loan application documents.
- Strong communication skills to ensure customer queries are answered timeously and accurately with a customer centric focus.
- Support customers while they navigate the loan verification phase of their Prodigy journey.
- Demonstrate accountability and passion for a concierge end-to-end verification experience with specialised case specific customer attention.
- Work alongside the subject matter experts and analysts within the verification space to review, improve and streamline the verification workflow.
- Provide professional, warm and clear customer service to assist and educate our customers through the various communication channels. e.g. calls, chats and emails.
- Equip customers with the relevant knowledge and tools to drive self-service.
- Work with the relevant departments and teams within the business to ensure a referrable customer experience.
- Hit targets in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer success environment.
- Ensure processes and tasks are completed in line with our service level agreement.
- Work in collaboration with front facing customer service associates in an omni channel environment to serve our customers, including live volumes - where required at certain times of year during off peak verification periods.
- What would the ideal candidate be great at?
- Display a strong level of agility and adaptability in a fast paced Fintech environment.
- Have an empathetic, yet firm approach to dealing with high net worth individuals.
- Proven people management skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries.
- Strong attention to detail and administrative discipline; able to identify, escalate and correct any errors when made by any part of the team or business.
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi skilled strength set.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.
- Proven ability to operate independently and within a team environment, whether that be remotely at home or in office with the team.
- Strong self-awareness and the ability to conduct oneself in a confident manner.
- Have the ability to debate in a constructive manner and to challenge conventional wisdom.
- Process control and process thinking – understanding the impact of how changes upstream affect customers and stakeholders in all parts of the value chain.
- Accountable, being comfortable with being the first point of contact by internal and external stakeholders.
- Great financial acumen, understand the functional and operational elements of a financial business and products.
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a customer support role for financial services.
- 3+ years’ experience in document verification within the financial services industry.
- Experience in delivering great customer service that drives quality and resolution.
- Experience in dealing with customers under TCF principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in inbound and outbound customer support.
- The ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external customers, especially in an international environment.
- Thrives in a busy environment and handles stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Team player, willing to help other areas to work as one team.
- Degree qualification
- Fintech experience – hopefully you would have experienced the excitement and challenges of working at the bleeding edge of disruptive technology within financial services.
- Experience with FCA or have worked in a business that is FCA regulated before.
- Growth Company experience – you may have experienced rapid growth in your current role or company, knowing how to keep pace with changing processes and dependencies.
- Do you want to be our next Verification Agent?
- If this sounds exciting get in touch and tell us why you want to work at Prodigy Finance.