- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Why we make Productboard
We started Productboard because we are inspired by product makers with a vision. We celebrate builders that go for the moonshot, who stay up late at night because good enough isn’t for them.
We realized that these remarkable makers need the right tools to have the pulse of their customers, to stay laser-focused on the most important things, and to bring out the best in their teams. That is why we make Productboard. We’re on a mission to help companies across the globe build truly excellent products.
Together with you, we have a unique opportunity to define and innovate in a new category. Think of the early days of Airbnb, Salesforce, Marketo, or Zendesk.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Design to lead and grow our design team. The team comprises 14 people in Europe – design managers, product designers, design system lead, brand design, and research. In addition to Europe, we are rapidly expanding our North American presence with an additional four roles.
Due to COVID-19, we’re currently fully remote with people centers in San Francisco and Prague. We plan to return to the offices to collaborate and expand to new locations once the world returns to normal.
On a typical day, you will ...
- You will partner closely with product and engineering leadership to drive the winning strategy to achieve our mission. Daily, you will lead and grow your design team while making design’s impact visible across the organization.
- As an experienced design leader, you have interacted frequently with product management, engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders during product discovery, design, and development. You understand the challenges of product strategy and execution and are deeply interested in changing the status quo.
- You will own the overall product design strategy, design roadmap, and design processes. You will lead qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights and customer needs.
- You will be part of the product leadership team and frequently interact with senior executives, as well as a growing list of world-class customers.
- 12+ years of total design experience, with 6+ years of those leading designers and design managers (preferably in high-growth startup environments)
- An informed set of design principles from shipping and learning throughout your career, and a demonstrated ability to operate from a first-principles perspective
- A deep understanding of human-centered design practices, how to leverage product design to solve complex business problems, and digital product development (consumer research, engineering, and data)
- Experience advancing a company’s design practices (brand, content, product, and research)
- The ability to attract and retain senior design talent from around the world (bonus for leading distributed global teams)
- The ability to lead complex design topics, scaling your presence from clearly communicating a design vision to addressing project or organizational issues
- The ability to align senior leadership and opinionated stakeholders on complex design decisions
- The ability to build bridges between product development disciplines, as well as customer success, marketing, sales, and other departments
Throughout the interview process, you will:
- Gain an understanding of how Productboard is set up, its culture, and the benefits offered to employees
- Meet with Stephen to get an insider's view of the design team and discuss your career
- Demonstrate your past design leadership by showcasing projects you’ve led and the organizations you’ve created to the design team
- Get to know senior leaders across product management and engineering
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.