- Vancouver, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 7, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – ones that solve real-world challenges while creating truly helpful, meaningful experiences.
To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a product designer to join a new team exploring a special project. This team is responsible for understanding the opportunity, delivering a first version to customers, and continuing to innovate in this domain.
You’ll be part of a team helping our customers and prospects to understand and realize the value that Productboard offers – whether it’s through improving product landing pages, a seamless onboarding experience, or by eliminating usability friction in the first moments in the app. You’ll actively participate in identifying the most impactful opportunities for improvement through user research and analytics. You’ll lead product design on acquisition, activation, and retention initiatives aimed at helping customers create habits of product excellence, and successfully grow Productboard adoption within their organizations.
We work as empowered product teams combining the strengths of designers, engineers, and product managers. You'll be part of a world-class design team distributed across North American and Europe, and get feedback from some of the best people in the industry (for example, our product design advisor Joshua Goldenberg).
Learn more about our team here: https://careers.productboard.com/
On a typical day you will...
- Conduct user research and customer interviews, organize and present the findings
- Evaluate shipped work, performing continuous discovery and improvement
- Create concepts and prototypes, iterating quickly to validate ideas
- Polish beautiful final visual and interaction design
- Communicate your work succinctly and effectively
- Participate in design team-wide initiatives (hiring, workshops, design system, improving design tools, mentor junior designers)
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a holistic product designer with a desire to delight users. Additionally, you have:
- Have an informed perspective on product design, discovery, and working collaboratively
- Created wonderful products that delighted your users
- 5+ years of product design experience creating B2B SaaS products
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.