- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter. Our mission is to help our customers, from startups to leading product companies, make products that solve real-world challenges while creating truly helpful, meaningful experiences.
To help us on this mission, we’re looking for a senior product designer to join our Scale tribe. You’ll be looking after our scaling and enterprise customers, introducing novel ways for teams to collaborate.
This means that you’ll be solving some of the most complex problems touching every aspect of the product, bringing game-changing ideas to life, and continuing to innovate in this domain.
Productboard is a fast-moving, fast-growing organization just like the customers you’ll be working for. You’ll be talking with product makers from across the globe, and learning how the best product companies bring their products to market. And, you’ll get to experience a scaling company first hand.
You’ll join a world-class design team distributed across North America and Europe, and will receive the support of some of the best people in the industry, like our product design advisor Joshua Goldenberg. You'll work within an empowered product team that combines the strengths of designers, engineers, and product managers, so you’ll experience the power of collaboration every day.
Did your heart skip a beat? Let us know. We’re a forward-thinking company with a positive and inclusive internal culture, looking for someone just like you. Looking forward to to meeting you!
On a typical day, you will...
- Lead discovery and design activities for this project, joining forces with a product manager and a tech lead to understand customer needs and shape solutions.
- Conduct user research and continuous discovery, aligning your team around your findings
- Create concepts and prototypes, iterating quickly to validate ideas
- Craft beautiful visual and interaction designs
- Evaluate what you’ve shipped, and drive working in improvements
- Communicate your work concisely and effectively
- Participate in wider design team initiatives (hiring, workshopping, expanding the design system, improving tooling, mentoring designers)
- You have the mind, heart, and skills of a holistic product designer with the desire to delight customers
- You are a systemic thinker that can translate complex problems into simple and intuitive experiences
- You have an informed perspective on product design, discovery, and working collaboratively
- You have 5+ years of product design experience creating B2B SaaS products
- You put customers front and center, and you enjoy talking with them
Bonus points for:
Experience with enterprise software, and large companies – you’ve worked at or designed for one
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Team events, such as off-sites and retreats
- Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
Productboard Toastmasters Club
Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.