- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Truly successful, innovative products are built on a deep understanding of users and their needs. Research is not a box-ticking exercise for us, it underpins everything we do and every product team is talking to customers at all stages of product discovery and development.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape our product’s strategic direction and bring deep customer insights into our creative process. It is also about distilling your expertise into how Productboard as a tool supports makers and researchers in understanding their users.
Let’s create products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will …
- Support the qualitative and quantitative research methods happening at Productboard
- Work with cross-functional product teams to level up their quality of research, whether it’s the plan, methods, or communication strategy
- Understand the product teams’ insights needs and assess their research fluency
- Work with customer facing teams (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and others) to align insights, segmentation or personas, and participant recruiting
- Use mainly qualitative research methods – but you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and run quantitative studies too
- Mentor our product teams, leveling up our research practice as we go
- Own research studies end to end – from clarifying research objectives to data gathering, analysis, and communication
- Choose the best research methods for the objectives at hand, and conduct both exploratory research and validation testing
- Work with product teams to prioritize the most impactful research initiatives, while also proactively suggesting new studies to better understand our users
- Communicate user needs and pain points proactively to the business and inspire the evolution of our product vision
- Help shape product strategy and roadmaps through user insights in collaboration with product managers and designers
- Be the voice of our users in product discovery and delivery
In addition to being an experienced researcher with a proactive, collaborative approach, you’ll bring the following skills and qualities to the role:
- An insatiable curiosity and desire to make products more useful and usable
- The ability to communicate research insights clearly and effectively
- A deep understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and the ability to apply and combine them effectively to meet research objectives
- Excellent storytelling skills – you are engaging and persuasive, and you know how to simplify complex concepts
- English at a near-native level (C1 or above) – you’ll be moderating sessions and delivering findings, after all
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a research role, working with cross-functional product teams comprising product managers, designers, and engineers
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
- Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
- MultiSport card to access sports facilities
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
- Flexible working hours and home office
Productboard Toastmasters Club
- Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
- Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.