- Vancouver, CA
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 29, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – products that not only solve real-world problems, but also delight the user. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a multidisciplinary Web Designer to join our fast-growing team.
You’ll be involved in all stages of the design process, from early discovery and ideation to full fidelity mockups and UIs to final delivery and launch. You’ll work closely with marketing, brand, product, analytics, and engineering to bring imaginative and creative ideas to life.
You’ll work with your teammates to enhance the Productboard brand and story, create compelling page layouts and content designs that communicate the value of Productboard offerings, and help prospective customers sign up and choose their membership plan. And you’ll partner with your team to A/B test and optimize all stages of the acquisition and activation funnel.
This role is primarily located in San Francisco or Vancouver
On a typical day, you will …
- Own web design initiatives in your cross-functional team, and collaborate closely with others
- Design engaging web, page, and content layouts from start to finish
- Translate specific user requirements and use cases into visual designs and experiences for the web
- Create simple and elegant visual UI designs and systems for our web properties
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to make thoughtful recommendations and decisions together
- Understand and react to user analytics and metrics
- Continuously A/B test and experiment to optimize user flows
- Get user feedback and love
- You have solid UX/UI experience and a track record of building engaging web experiences
- You have skill and experience in creating compelling visual designs and typographical layouts
- You have a desire to dig into qualitative and quantitative data to identify opportunities and areas to experiment and optimize
- You have a strong knowledge of design processes and methodologies, but are adaptive and always happy to try out new approaches
- You care about the impact of your work and can deliver high-quality design work at pace
- You have an inclusive, transparent collaboration style, and good stakeholder management and communication skills
- You have experience with and/or knowledge of web development technologies (eg, Webflow, WordPress, HTML & CSS)
Bonus points for:
- UX writing skills and knowledge of persuasive design principles
- Ability to craft data visualizations to communicate complex information
- Skill in illustration and/or 3d modeling
- Generally being a nice person, who’s fun to work with and be around
- Willing to commute to our amazing office in Vancouver is a huge bonus
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.