- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
The Role and Team
We are seeking an experienced Controller to support our high growth business and be a force multiplier for our distributed teams (we are headquartered in San Francisco and have many of our colleagues in Prague, Vancouver, and Dublin).
Reporting to the VP of Finance & Operations, you will be a senior leader of the Accounting team who are based in Prague and direct the global accounting operations. You will play a key role in a fast-paced environment and help scale not only the Accounting team but overall financial operations, control and compliance across the company.
You possess a solid knowledge of US GAAP principles and a solid background in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and financial operations. and play a critical role in not only our general accounting and finance roadmap, but also posses the knowledge and experience to navigate various regulatory requirements across multiple entities across the globe.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Direct the Company’s day-to-day accounting operations, including execution of operational accounting policy, general ledger responsibilities, accounts payable, payroll, international accounting, payroll, and other accounting activities.
- Oversee and own the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close and reporting processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Own relationships with external auditors, accounting/tax advisors, and internal controls.
- Oversee and assure international statutory reporting, audits and compliance requirements.
- Provide support for the annual budgeting and planning process
- Recruit, hire, and mentor team of accounting professionals as the company scales.
- What We Look For In You
- 10+ years experience, including Big 4 public accounting experience and public or private company experience.
- Experience with IPO readiness, multi-jurisdictional tax, internal controls, and SOX compliance.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP standards and ASC606.
- Proven ability to hire, manage, and mentor high-performing teams.
- Active CPA license.
- Solid understanding of the key drivers of a B2B SaaS business.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in assessing, developing, and implementing controls and systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functionally.
- A motivated self-starter with a high sense of ownership.
- Ideally someone who is based in San Francisco or willing to relocate.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.