- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
- Business Applications
We are seeking an experienced Strategic Finance & Business Operations professional to support our high growth business and be a force multiplier for our distributed teams (we are headquartered in San Francisco and have many of our colleagues in Prague, Vancouver, and Dublin).
As the Director of the Strategic Finance team, you will work directly with our VP of Finance & Operations and senior executives to develop plans and set goals, then help achieve them through effective team collaboration.
This is a high impact role that requires someone who can build rapport and earn trust cross-functionally and across our distributed team. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced and analytically rigorous environment at a company that is deeply committed to diversity of all kinds, we would love to talk to you.
What You Will Do
- Recruit, hire, and mentor team of strategic finance professionals as the company scales.
- Lead the company-wide strategic planning process to align the key strategic initiatives and resource investments, and own and manage the underlying corporate model, systems, and processes.
- Track and monitor the performance of the business and provide forecast and actionable insights to improve the business performance.
- Provide real-time visibility into the unit economics of our business as a whole and by segments and identify opportunities to improve our GTM motion.
- Be a thought partner to key decision makers and partner with executives across the company to help drive strategic initiatives and special projects.
- Prepare analyses and materials to communicate business performance and trends to the executive team, board members, and investors.
- What We Look For In You
- 10+ years of relevant experience in private equity, investment banking, consulting, and/or strategic finance at high-growth B2B SaaS business
- A minimum 4 years of direct company FP&A experience partnering with business leaders.
- Proven management ability and experience as a Corporate FP&A business partner/leader.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively collaborate and drive initiatives cross-functionally.
- Exceptional financial modeling skills with great attention to detail and ability to distill complex issues into structured, actionable frameworks.
- Solid understanding of the key drivers of a B2B SaaS business.
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving.
- A motivated self-starter with a high sense of ownership.
- Strong academic background from top college or MBA.
- Nice to have a working knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite, Looker, SQL.
- Someone who is based in San Francisco or willing to relocate.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 5,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap. In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.