- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 17, 2021
- Business Applications
Our mission at Productboard is to help all the curious and relentless product creators out there to “make products that matter, together.” But while products matter, we know that people matter more. Your mission at Productboard will be to “Make people matter, together.”
We need your help with building and leading a truly great company where everyone identifies with our mission and values, is inspired and appreciated, is welcomed and respected, and has an opportunity to grow, learn, and make impact. We will look to you for fostering our culture, helping us overcome challenges that come with rapid scaling, and building and leading a great global People team.
Title: People Operations Coordinator
Location: San Francisco
Productboard is growing and so is our People team! We are searching for a passionate, and empathetic People Operations Coordinator to join our team in SF. In this role, you’ll help refine and enable best-in-class People Operations as we scale the company globally. You’ll be responsible for a variety of initiatives spanning our employee experience in North America which includes Canada and the US. We’re looking for a decisive problem solver with a “get it done” attitude who will thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment. This role will report to our HRBP, (Hello! This is Maria writing this post!), and will be part of a team that is committed to creating meaningful experiences for everyone at Productboard.
On a typical day, you will...
- Provide support for our employee experience throughout the entire employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, immigration, performance cycles, engagement surveys, data requests and offboarding)
- Work closely with the onboarding team (IT, Recruiting, Workplace Experience, People Ops) to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for all new employees
- Be the first point of contact for new employees- contacting future hires with welcome surveys and information about their first day
- Manage the onboarding process for new employees each week, including creating new hire checklists, scheduling onboarding sessions, verifying work authorization, setting up their company-wide accounts and other onboarding related tasks.
- Enter and maintain employee data across HR systems including new hires, terminations, organization structure changes, job changes, and compensation changes
- Audit and ensure data integrity across all HR systems
- Supporting payroll administration tasks using SequoiaOne (our payroll platform)
- Respond to employee questions about benefits, travel, address changes in Slack
- Maintain the People Team’s documentation in our Handbooks and dedicated Notion pages
- Assist in ensuring that compliance is being met in new hire documentation (i.e. I-9 compliance), sexual harassment prevention trainings, posters, etc.
- Partner with the security team to ensure that we’re fully compliant with our HR SOC-2 controls
- Support People Team in any other administrative or operational needs for projects and program-related work (i.e. trainings, offsites, special initiatives etc)
- 1+ years of HR admin or coordination experience working for a software company
- Uphold our values and be a cultural ambassador
- Ability to assess and build new process
- Ability to take feedback and demonstrate growth
- Passionate about improving the employee experience
- Solid attention to detail, highly organized, and process driven
- Flexible and adaptable, and willing to dive in and help on a variety of tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service (our employees are our customers!)
- Experience with HRIS and comfort with learning People Operations systems
- Experience working across multiple time zones
- Strong communication skills - We use Slack for everything!
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
Our PeopleOps Tech Stack
- Slack, Notion
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.