- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
The Customer Success team is searching for a Content Specialist to design and produce self-service content for our customers so they can use Productboard to make great products.
You will work closely with our Manager of Customer Education and other stakeholders within our Customer Success and Product teams to create content to help customers understand how to effectively meet their goals with Productboard.
We’re looking for someone with the expertise to understand how to create content in such a way that communicates complicated topics in a clear, precise manner to drive adoption. On a day-to-day basis, you will create and update original materials including training guides, Help Center articles, checklists, short-form video tutorials, and more to support our new and existing features.
On a typical day, you will...
- Create and improve content within our ecosystem of educational options (i.e. knowledge base articles, e-learning, video content and instructor-led training). Stay on top of all changes to the platform, project managing any necessary changes to content and creating/updating content.
- Identify opportunities and gaps in our content, with a focus on getting started, reducing time-to-value, and adopting best practices
- Tailor content to customer needs, based on factors such as user persona, customer size, industry, business use case, and plan type
- Partner closely with members of the Product and Engineering departments to prepare documentation for new product releases within expected deadlines
- Ensure a well-designed information architecture, with different product versions clearly presented
- Interact with customers and customer-facing teams to understand customer use cases, workflows, and what customers need to be successful
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Customer Support, Customer Marketing and Customer Success
- Working with our Manager of Customer Education and Product Marketing team, establish a style guide to create the best possible content for customers.
- Integrate user suggestions to continuously improve your documentation.
- Analyze and report on content performance to determine engagement levels and whether the content is driving better customer adoption.
- 2+ years experience creating educational content, preferably for a SaaS company
- Experience working with a Learning Management System and authoring tools, both maintaining and building content
- Excellent technical writing skills and an ability to make complex topics easy and engaging
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and methodologies
- Ruthless prioritization and ability to create and execute a strategy
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative, team environment
- Experience creating content for Product and Engineering teams a major plus
- Instructional Design experience a major plus
- Samples that showcase your best work.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Team events, such as off-sites and retreats
- Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
Productboard Toastmasters Club
Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.