- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 29, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Productboard is the leading product management system that helps product management teams to get the right products to market, faster. It is essentially a system of record for any and all products. Over 5,000 customer-driven companies like Zendesk, Disney, VMware, Avast, UiPath, and Marriott use Productboard to gather customer feedback, analyze user data, prioritize product roadmap, and collaborate with everyone else in the team with a clearly communicated goal. Their end-to-end product management system provides clear objectives for all teams and aligns colleagues around the product development vision and process. Think CRM but specifically designed for the product needs of any modern organization making digital products.
Along with its intuitive, yet feature-rich platform, Productboard enables teams to easily integrate with other engineering task management tools such as JIRA, Slack, Trello, PivotalTracker, and GitHub and with systems full of valuable customer insights such as Intercom, Zendesk, CRM systems, NPS systems, and many more. With a manageable and customer-friendly user interface, it provides in-depth backlog customer feedback and information for product managers to use for product development.
Everyone deserves to work on products that will be used, enjoyed, and loved – products that matter. It’s Productboard’s mission is to help product makers across the globe create exceptional products that resonate with customers deeply on both functional and emotional levels. With Productboard, every team can make things that matter – together.
We’re looking for a Sr. Editor, Brand Content. As a member of the editorial team, you’ll work with leadership across all functions to establish consistency of voice across every brand touchpoint ensuring any user interaction is “true to brand.” You will also partner closely with our CEO, acting as his ghostwriter and our executive storyteller. In this role, you will report to our Managing Editor and will sit within our Brand Experience team.
- Writing and editing longform and short form copy across all Productboard surfaces and channels. This ranges from email marketing, social, comms, web, blog posts, editorial content, human influence pieces, CEO ghostwriting and executive storytelling, and anything else you can dream up.
- Fostering an extremely close working relationship with our CEO, to the point where it is natural for you to create content in his personal brand voice.
- Your work will vary and evolve over time and will cover a range of mediums. On a given day, you may start by writing a medium post by our CEO, continue with crafting witty commentary for our Product Makers community, before helping write Tweets or respond to LinkedIn comments.
- Growing and improving rapidly. At Productboard, you’ll be working with an incredible team, who love to learn from and teach each other. You’ll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, challenged by your teammates, and growing your skills on a daily basis.
- Shaping the brand. We are building our brand identity every day, and your work will be a part of that construction. Your ideas will always be heard, and you’ll have meaningful input into the evolution of our high-level voice and personality, on social and at large.
- Acting as an owner. We believe in hiring people and giving them as much responsibility as they can handle. Whether it’s playing with the limits of our brand voice or developing high-impact social stunts that attract the attention of press and power users, you’ll get to do the best work of your life on your own terms.
What we want from you:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a journalist, copywriter or editor, within a newsroom, large creative agency or a recognized brand
- An interest, understanding, and empathetic ear for product managers, product makers and the process of creating exceptional products.
- You write with strategy in mind. You have a brain and an eye for content design and user journey. You love to come up with ideas for content your audience will love, and write/execute that content on your own.
- You write well. A sharp, witty, risk-taking writer with a deep understanding of building a brand voice that stands out. You have excellent grammar skills.
- You have a bias towards action. You like to see your work out in the world, not stuck in decks. You favor practical choices, speed and a respect for sequencing. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with not knowing the answer to something. You are willing to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is.
- You take pride in what you do. You understand the power and responsibility that comes from building a brand voice.
- You love what you do, not because you feel you have to, but because you’re so excited to create something big for the world.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
- A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
- 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
- Lunch delivered to your home
- Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
- Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
- Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.